Thursday 21 February 2008

40 DAYS IN THE ASHRAM - SIVANANDA TTC

The Best Teacher is the best Student !
Hi Folks, Well, how to sum up 40 days in the Sivananda Ashram ?
As always the people were the best part. We met some wonderful people/ yogis from so many
different countries around the world...Indian, of course,Sri Lankan,American,Iranian,Lebanese,Israeli,Spanish,Italian,Japanese,Russian etc.
Chai breaks masala mixed tea milk and sugar 7.30am and 1.30pm Heaven ! Hot sweet and tasty...
The first person we met was Partham from North India and Sammi/Narayani said we will go with you...not thinking too much about it...then of course it happened that he would be able to guide us for aweek around Rishikesh and as far as Gangotri - amazing ! Pratham and his brother Causik are really top guys!!!
I remember one day - we laughed so much...when I was desperate for cover in reception and I asked Pratham to cover nad he said no worries. I dily went off to the beach and enjoyed the day little did I know that Pratham too was on the beach having not a care in the world !!!
Unfortunately Indians only say yes when you ask them a question!!!
One night we had atalent show and having sunf at folk clubs I was not too bashful about performing....I sang 'I still haven't found what I'm looking for'- and they sang the chorus back to me really well - so many nationalities. A greta song and one of my favourites - lovely words.

Another time we had a large contingent of Japanese so I thought 'Imagine' would be appropriate. I sang it from the heart 'cause I love the words.....
Imagine there's no heaven, it's easy if you try, no hell below us, above us only sky,
Imagine all the people living for today......(very yogic) .....imagine there's no countries,
it's not hard to do, nothing to kill or die for and no religion too, imagine all the people living life in peace.....imagine no possessions, I wonder if you can, no need for greed or hunger, a brotherhood of man, imagine all the people sharing all the world....
People came up to me for days after saying how much they liked the song...well, it is kind of special !!! and I was glad that they still liked it after I sang it !!

No comments: